Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blue Moon Beer



So I’m killing time at the Harris Teeter Cameron Village in the vast beer and wine section when I stumble across a Blue Moon label I wasn’t familiar with.
It took me back to my first encounter with an ice cold Blue Moon with an orange slice.
Talk about love at first sip!
So the artful geniuses at Blue Moon Brewing created this Vintage Blond Ale.
It’s a  delicious combination of beer and wine.
It  uses juice from  chardonnay grapes, Mittelfruh  hops and white wheat .


I’ll never forget when my good friend Robert Flanagan, his beautiful wife Tavie and their awesome kids had us over for a party.
Robert pointed to the bucket and said with that one eyebrow cool that states between friends “No joke”..’you’re hip to the Blue Moon right”?
He damn near put the party on hold to get me an orange slice.
This was late 90’s early 2000…when the craft brewing world was just cranking up with serious force.
That revolution is still growing strong.
Since then, the way I measure a watering hole is…”Do you have Blue Moon?”
Tell me about your Blue Moon or craft beer experience, like my blog and spread it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment