Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's a good idea to GOOGLE yourself

To people who don't use the web very much, I guess the title of this post may sound dirty.
But GOOGLE is not a dirty word.
I speak of the wonderful search engine that is also parent to Gmail and YouTube.
It's a good idea to control your online image as well as your physical, especially in a very competitive job market.
So, here's the funny.
I share a name with a LEGENDARY British football..I CALL IT SOCCER.. ESPN broadcaster.
He's been in the business for more than 30 years.
I always thought the random Africans that wanted to friend me on facebook were just part of the ol' Nigerian email scam.
you know the ones...

"So far I have to distribute money to charity organizations now that my health has deteriorated so badly,I cannot do this myself anymore that is why am soliciting your assistant to make this donation through you. The last of my late fathers money that am willing to donate to the less privileged right now is the huge sum of $10.6M USD that is concealed in a consignment and deposited in (OVERSEA CREDIT COMMISSION ABROAD) for safekeeping which he intends to invest on profitable factory."


It's actually not what I thought. I GOOGLED myself and there he was.
Jon Champion. Well..my picture comes up..and my latest blog posts...along with his Wikipedia page and bio information.
It's all right, I'm not complaining. It could be worse..he could be Jon Champion the peeping tom.
I am a little concerned because he called some player a cheat..and was reprimanded.
I just don't want some over zealous soccer fan to throw a big bag of piss at me or try to fight me because he thinks I'm THAT  JON CHAMPION.
In the meantime, I think I'll practice saying GOAAAAAAAL.


     





No comments:

Post a Comment